Friday, January 20, 2006

Sciurus Carolinensis

Cute when you’re young and irksome when you’re older. It seems that the Grey Squirrel has taken a shine to my bulbs and would prefer them as a snack than a flower. This would explain the holes that have appeared in my pots, voids that correspond to the position of the bulbs.

Then last week I noticed one scampering along and down the branch towards the bird feeder. There it started to demolish the nuts. It took the squirrel(s) two days to finish them off. And to think I was beginning to enjoy the company of blue and great tits, blackbirds and sparrows… Frustrating doesn’t begin to describe it.

2 Comments:

Blogger Al said...

not your bulbs!! argh!! the little monkeys. You'll be pleased to hear that the government has announced a cull. Although I bet it won't include the six that regularly inhabit our garden.

1:21 PM  
Blogger lewisflynn2379 said...

I read over your blog, and i found it inquisitive, you may find My Blog interesting. So please Click Here To Read My Blog

http://pennystockinvestment.blogspot.com

5:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home