Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Purchases from SW3

After our exhausting circuit of the GP Dee and I decided to find our wallets and switch from observer to consumer. We already had an idea of what we were after. I thought it best only to buy plants that I had already grown from seed… We loved the aquilegia display by ‘Three Counties Nurseries’ and the seeds that I bought are Mixed Barlow – the smaller variety. They are gorgeous! I have some cultivated varieties in the garden that are big and blousy but I fancied something a little more delicate.

Ah the foxgloves on ‘The Botanic Nursery’ stand were magnificent towers full of flowers. The colours ranged from deep pink to white to an almost creamy green. I decided on the Digitalis pur. ‘Pam’s Choice’ which will be white flowers with dark throats growing to 30cm (hopefully!). We also picked up some more foxglove seeds from the ‘The Royal College of Pathologists’ in the Lifelong Learning in the Garden section. That was a really interesting and informative stand providing examples of where plant extracts are used in a clinical setting. From the Sunflower Street Gardens we picked up some sunflower seeds (of course!).


Unfortunately I can’t remember where we found the poppy seeds but looking forward to seeing them in the ground. There was a lone poppy the first year we moved in, under the apple tree, and I haven’t seen one since! So I’ve plenty to keep me out of trouble (and the shops!)!

4 Comments:

Blogger Al said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful time. V jealous!! although the heat on that extremely hot day would have killed me. How are your chillis?

4:38 PM  
Blogger Asha Thiruchelvam said...

Progressing slowly - they are about 5cm tall but coming along. I've (only) started feeding them so hopefully we'll see a big growth spurt!

It was really hot on that Friday... but the excitement powered us on!

You must go to one Al!

9:45 AM  
Blogger Al said...

Let's try Hampton Court?!

2:16 PM  
Blogger Asha Thiruchelvam said...

Cool! Haven't been to Hampton Court since I was a kid...

7:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home