Friday, June 03, 2005

Our amphibian resident

Hey our toad is back, that or it’s his offspring… He (I tend to think of the toad as a ‘he’) appears from the lemon balm which, I guess, offers a roomy, and fragrant, abode. It helps when the lemon balm is adjacent to one of Burt’s piles of stuff which houses zillions of gastropods the toad’s favourite snack!

Niall enjoys stomping on the snails (slugs are a little bit more difficult to squish) along the path, for the toad to munch on. Well it’s either the toad or slugs chomping away. I don’t mind which, because even if it’s the slugs they are then leaving my plants alone!

2 Comments:

Blogger Al said...

I wish I had a toad in my garden. Swap you three squirrels for him. I tell you what, if you want, I could stretch to four squirrels and a cat? That surely must be a good deal?

1:18 PM  
Blogger Asha Thiruchelvam said...

Tempting... perhaps if you were to throw in a chaffinch, or two (only so they don't get lonely!) we might be able to negotiate?

8:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home