Sunday, April 03, 2005

Who needs a grassy lawn anyway?

Um, our lawn doesn't really fit the description of a bright green, grassy area - it's more like mossville. Hence my intention to give it some much needed TLC. But during this week I've noticed that the blackbirds, robins and blue tits are quite partial to the moss - I guess nesting material is a priority at the mo. So going to wait a while before tackling the 'lawn'. I shouldn't really be doing this at all...

When we moved in the other half and I agreed that I would maintain the beds and borders and he would concentrate on the lawn - we had a bright green grassy area when we moved in. However years of neglect have reduced the patch to springy moss and persistent weeds. Mowing, it seems, just isn't enough.

I've debated pulling everything up and laying some turf down, but will try the old fashion approach first. I'm probably going to regret this decision once my back, shoulders and hands start to ache!! And for once it won't be due to yoga!

1 Comments:

Blogger Al said...

I love mossy lawns. Much squidgier and softer to lie on I reckon. Moss is lovely.

8:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home