Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Spring snow

No one could have missed the snow over the last couple of weeks; a rare treat for us, since it doesn't usually settle in the capital. Waking up to find the garden smothered (about 2 inches thick) was a wonderful surprise. We've experienced a smattering of snow before but never to the same extent….

Of course I couldn’t wait to get out there and hear that satisfying crunch underfoot or admire the prints left behind!! I have to admit that the back garden looked as good as ever even though most of the vegetation was hidden (not that I’m biased or anything)!

But on a more serious note I hope that the snow hasn’t caused any damage to the plants, especially those that were trying to provide some colour during winter. And I’m pleased to report that, at least, the crocuses and snowdrops are still standing tall!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home