Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Fauna friendly

Considering my attempt at a more mature approach to the garden this year I’ve compiled a list of seeds, shrubs, climbers, annuals, and those all important miscellaneous items that hopefully will encourage loads of insects, arachnids, mammals and birds into the garden. A friend suggested that we should have a buddleja in our garden to attract butterflies/insects but since it’s usually pretty big and the dimensions of our plot are relatively small it might be not such a good idea. He’s right on all counts – but I already have one!! It's obviously too large for the space but what do I care? As long as the bees and butterflies are happy I can tolerate the inconvenience of large stalks and leaves nicking me and everyone that journeys to the front door!

2 Comments:

Blogger Beth said...

Hi there,

I just ran across your site and enjoyed reading through everything.

I'm trying to get a blog going on my site too. But I dont think i have the patience to do it!

--Amy
My online plant nursery Site

3:02 AM  
Blogger Beth said...

Hi there,

I just ran across your site and enjoyed reading through everything.

I'm trying to get a blog going on my site too. But I dont think i have the patience to do it!

--Amy
My pictures of flowers Site

12:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home